Monday 11 February 2013

EVALUATION - Who would be the audience for your media product?

My target audience for my music media product would be for males and females aged 15-35. It is slightly more directed at males with a ratio 60:40 i have tried not to limit my age range as my main genre is british music and british music has been iconic for decades therefore my magazine will feature older acts who will appeal to older audiences. i feel that 15-35 is a good range my magazine isnt't one that limits the reader by age but who the music will appeal to. The acts i will include will be from present day to older stars so that it gives the oppurtunity for the younger readers to find out about who their mom or dad listened to when they were younger or that the older end of the audience can learn about present day and future british musical icons. With music these days being different to what it used to be it gives a variety of acts however it is more indie musicans rather than pop. 

To see if my magazine worked within these age ranges i printed out/ using modern technology tweeted out copies/links to my magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread and asked for their opinions.

Here are the results:

21 year old male - 'This magazine is brilliant, it looks really professional and all the artists featured in are what's on my ipod, the main story was great as i could relate to aidan as i myself am trying to get into the music business'

40 year old man - 'Who are the vaccines? I've never heard of them, besides that the front image really caught my eye and made me want to read what was inside, the tagline sold the magazine to me as british music really is the best and i was pleased to see my favourite band the stone roses inside'

18 year old male - ' i would definetly buy this magazine if it were avaliable, i loved the idea of being able to have a digital copy aswell as im still at uni and i couldnt be dealing with magazines lying around everywhere'

12 year old female - "I liked the colours used and i found the interview funny, however i'd like to see one direction in there as they are the biggest british band at the moment"

29 year old - 'some great bands in there like oasis who i loved growing up, it was good to see them in there as music nowadays is just not the same although i do like that jake bugg fella'

From the feedback recieved it shows that 15-35 is a suitable age range.

No comments:

Post a Comment