Wednesday 6 February 2013

EVALUATION: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In my preliminary task i had no eperience using software such as photoshop therefore i opted for the easier way by using paint to crop my images, as you can see looking back my crop was rough and my picture was unfocused. Now with my music magazine photo you can see the difference in how smooth and clear my cropping and photography is. I have learnt that the main image is one of the most important things on the cover therefore i have greatly improved on this whilst my knowledge and ability has grown too. 


I also learnt on microsoft publisher how to remove the background (set trandsparent) and how to alter the brightness and contrast of images using the picture toolbar. There was also a useful cropping tool which helped me manipulate my images to the size/amount that i wanted them to be.



In my preliminary task i used a camera from school in the media department, the cameras are good however they are not amazing. For my music task i used a panasonic lumix camera which is 14 megapixels. This made my image a lot better and still unpixelated even when 100% zoomed in on publisher, this made my final image look more professional and something you would see in a real magazine.


Through documenting my prodcution and progression on this blog i have used a number of different media to display it. when showing the development of my contents page i filmed a video on my ipad of me explaining the steps i then used this technology to upload it onto the video sharing site youtube. 

Other new media that i had not previously used before this task was slideshare, this is a website that posts powerpoint productions. Another new site i had used was prezi this was a bit like a powerpoint however more interactive and moves in a different way between slides. 





Another new piece of technology i used was a fish eye camera lens. A fisheye lens is an ultra wide-angle lens that produces strong visual distortion intended to create a wide panoramic or hemispherical image (from wikipedia). I used this to create a small image i would feature on my contents page for aidan's album cover entitled goldfish bowl. I decided to use this piece of equipment as the fish eye effect and the sphericalness would look like aidan was in a fish bowl metaphorically. Although this is only a small feature of the page it shows the detail i put in trying to get the content right and also to help me develop my skills. 

Here is what a common fish eye lens looks like and my distorted fish eye album cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment