Monday 4 February 2013

EVALUATION: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My magazine front cover follows many of the typical conventions of magazines:

Masthead:
My masthead is a simple clear professional design, nothing to fancy to ensure that it doesn't attract the attention away from the front cover content. It has a professional feel to it and appeals to the whole age range of my target audience which is 15-35, if the typography used was too bubbly it would look like it belonged in a pop magazine so i think the font was just right.
Front Cover Image:
My front cover image is a medium close up taking up the whole length of my magazine, it was taken my a high pixel camera so the quality of it is very good and clear to mantain the professional feel. It is fully in focus and my model is showing a stern blank pose which is typical in many magazines, he is making direct eye contact with the camera so it feels more personal to the reader that he is looking directly at them.



Tagline, skybar, date, puff:
As my magazine is a montly magazine the date is classed as november, as people grow familiar with my product they will realise it is a monthly edition, this easily enables viewers to quickly see if the magazine is the latest issue or is out of date etc.

Barcode, price, selling points: 
Here you can see in the bottom right corner the barcode and price of my magazine. There is also a bottom bar full of other artists who feature inside this attracts the reader into wanting to know whats inside. The use of the word plus followed by a list of content is often used on front cover. Here are examples of the features i have just mentioned on other front covers to show that they are conventions of real products.

No comments:

Post a Comment